Project Area Updates
September 2, 2015
Bryant, Old Town
• The Implementation and Action Plan and zoning codes have been adopted.
• The City is moving forward with plans for Reynolds Road improvements.
• Mayor Dabbs formed a group of business leaders that meets for breakfast to discuss the development in Old Town.
• A property owner in Old Town intends to develop an urban type project.
• Old Town will hold its first Pop Up event October 23.
Little Rock , 12th Street
• Adopted the Implementation and Action Plan July 21st.
• Has conducted meetings with North Little Rock Jump Start Coordinators to exchange ideas.
• Currently, looking at the zoning changes and preparing for public meetings.
North Little Rock, Park Hill and Levy
• Passed the new zoning codes earlier this summer.
• Levy Implementation and Action Plan is being prepared to present to City Council.
• Park Hill slowed by a few areas; specifically, Park Hill Elementary property. Meetings with the district administration are planned.
• North Little Rock has been holding monthly Implementation Coalition meetings with interested stakeholders to continue the work of Jump Start. Promotional videos about the Jump Start project in Levy and Park Hill are being developed.
Conway, Markham Street
• Implementation and Action Plan and zoning codes have been adopted.
• In May, 2015 they received a $200,000 grant from the EPA for brownfield hazardous waste assessment for the old scrapyard on Markham Street.
• The city has applied for additional grants.
Vilonia, Town Center
• Has been a slow process, but the Implementation and Action Plan has been adopted.
• Currently, trying to move forward by getting the zoning codes in front of the Planning Commission.
Mayflower, Heart of Mayflower
• Implementation and Action Plan has been adopted.
• The Planning Commission has been looking at the codes.
• Public meetings on new zoning are scheduled for September.
• CAPDD will be discussing Mayflower and Vilonia projects at a conference at the end of September.